Wednesday, July 3, 2013

I've Been Nominated!

This morning I woke up to some very exciting news that I just can't wait to share with all of you!

I have been nominated by the lovely blog Mrs AOK for my first Liebster award!

And, I ACCEPT! (ok. That was more enthusiastic than I meant it to be...but oh well!)

Now, in the amateur blog world, this is a pretty big deal. But for those of you who have no idea what a Liebster award is let me tell you:
 
The Liebster award is basically a blog community love award for up-and-coming or ambitious bloggers with less than 200 followers who deserve a little recognition for what they've done via their blogs. 

The word "Liebster" in German means: sweetest, kindest, lovely, dearest, and beloved; and so, the Liebster award is given to blogs/bloggers who show these traits!

And it really just means that you are being recognized. 

You do not have to accept the Liebster, unless you want to.  Nominees who except must pass the love on by nominating other blogs they follow. 

This award is a way to get to know fellow bloggers, and ultimately share kindness. 

So, what has to be done when you accept the award? Well folks, that's easy! Once you've accepted the Liebster award there's a list of things you need to complete:

1. Answer the questions that your nominator posted for his/her nominees.
2. Share 10 random facts about yourself.
3. Make up 10 new fun questions for your nominees to share on their blog.
4. Give some love back to your nominator and link back to their blog.
5. Nominate up to 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers. 
6. Once you publish your post, let your nominees know they've been nominated, and they can choose to accept or decline. 

Easy-peasy, right?!

So let's get started!

10 Random Facts About Me: 

1. I hate cotton balls. When they rub together I cringe and die. It's horrible! I can't even stand to touch the stupid things!!!

2. Lilacs are my favorite flower and it really bums me out that they only bloom in the early spring.

3. I was born in Michigan, moved to Florida for a while, and moved back when I was 17. So you'll probably hear me say I was raised in both states. It's true. I've had the best of both worlds!

4. Legally blonde has been, is still, and will always be my favorite movie. 

5. So it goes to reason that pink is my favorite color.

6. I'm obsessed with candles. Love them. Colors, smells, having them lit around me all time. There's just something peaceful about have a burning candle going in your home. 

7. I love mysteries. Anything mysterious fascinates me, even urban legends. Lockness Monster, aliens, big foot, unsolved crimes, the Bermuda triangle, even ancient Eygpt...love them all. 

8. I have a Bachelor's Degree. Earned it in 2010 and found out I was pregnant with my youngest a month later, so I chose to stay home and raise him instead of work to pay for day care (since that's basically what I would've been doing).

9. I've lived in the big city and in the country among pig farms and there are different things I love about both. So, again I've had the best of both worlds and feel I'm both a country girl and a prissy city girl rolled into one!

10. I hate cooking. Some people love to cook and bake, I'm not one of them. I will because I have to, but please don't ask me to make you anything because (unless it's fast, simple, and easy) it's probably not going to happen.  

Nominator/Mrs AOK's Questions For Me:

1. Facebook or Twitter? That depends on what I'm doing. If I'm talking to my lovely blog followers then I prefer Twitter. If I'm talking to friends and family, then I prefer Facebook (mainly because none of them have Twitter accounts).
2. What blog are you stalking? Hmmmm...probably a toss up between I Heart Organizing and When The Kids Are Bored.

3. Coffee or Tea? COFFEE!!!!

4. What is your most viewed blog post? How To Clean A Glass Top Stove. Which is great because I almost never posted that one. I had never done a tutorial before and I didn't think it really flowed with the blog. Guess I was wrong!

5. What is your favorite accessory? Oooo...That would be a toss up between my hoop earrings that I've had since high school (LOVE THEM) or my Fairy necklace, which has slowly become a trademark/statement piece for me. Which I'm wearing here:


6. Would you rather listen to your favorite song on repeat or watch reruns of your favorite show? Lol! I can almost hear everyone who knows me well rolling their eyes and yelling reruns of my favorite show. Which I have probably done 100 million times and have them all memorized. (The show is Charmed by the way, with Heart of Dixie a close second place).

7. What is your favorite song? I can't honestly answer that question. I love music. It's a part of who I am and will always flow through me. So there are FAR TOO MANY songs that I love to possibly narrow it down to just one. But one of my favorites to sing is 'I Will Always Love You' by Whitney Houston because I can belt that baby, stay on key and in tune AND sound good doing it!

8. What is your favorite show? Like I said above, it's Charmed. Starring Alyssa Milano, Rose McGowan, Holly Marie Combs, and Shannon Doherty. I've loved this show since high school and can pretty much quote every episode verbatim. I even have the sound tracks... But I've recently become addicted to Mistresses and Heart of Dixie.

9. You are given the opportunity to leave a quote set in stone for future generations, what would it be? (Your own or someone else's)?
It would be a quote by Mother Teresa: "There is no key to happiness. The door is always open." 


Because I believe that we make our own happiness. We can't depend on others to do it for us. We are in control of ourselves.

10. What song was #1 on the week you were born? 'I Wanna Dance With Somebody Who Loves Me' by Whitney Houston. Lol! Oh, the irony.

And now for the loverly ladies that I will be nominating! I hope you all feel as honored as I do and will accept this nomination.

*Drum roll*

And in no particular order...

Heather @ When The Kids Are Bored I've been blog stalking her for a while now and love everything that she posts! Fabulous-ness!

Marcia @ Finding Felicity This lady always has something posted on facebook that brightens my day. 

Henna @ Henna Blossom I'm a new follower of Henna but let me tell you. Every time I go to her blog I feel like I've just stepped foot into another world! Every. Single. Time.

Sandra @ Rivas & Co. This is another lady that makes me feel completely uncultured every time I read her posts. But I love the way they are written and the way I'm able to identify with them.

Jenna @ Between the Bind If you like books she's the one to see. She always has something going on and has gotten me addicted to too many books to count (thanks dear. My wallet hates you.)

And here are my questions for you...

1. Why did you choose to start blogging?
2. If you could have a date with one person, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
3. What is one project from Pinterest you'd do if you knew it would turn out amazing?
4. What is your least favorite chore?
5. What did you want to be when you grew up?
6. What's your favorite dessert?
7. What is one thing you've seen/used/love that you wish you would've invented?
8. iPhone or Droid? Why?
9. What is the most relaxing thing you like to do for yourself?
10. If you had one super power, what would it be?

I want to formally thank the Mrs AOK blog for nominating me! I really do feel honored that you thought about me when making your nominations! It's really made my day!

2 comments:

  1. Kendra, you are just the sweetest! I did a leibster a few months ago but I would love to answer your questions in a blog post and give you a little blog love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Thanks for accepting!!
    Wow, you're a baby... I remember singing and dancing to "I wanna dance with somebody who loves me", thinking I was Whitney Houston :)
    I love the quote you choose too! Hope you had a great weekend!
    XOXO
    http://mrs-aok-a-work-in-progress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! Don't forget to leave me a comment! Love hearing from you!