Thursday, January 23, 2014

A Not-So-Witty Introduction

After last weeks' big Happy Birthday post for Mommy, In Demand I got to thinking about how I got into blogging and found myself looking at old posts. Through that search I found the first blog post I had ever written.

And between laughing at myself for my bad humor and writing style I came to the decision that this was something I just could keep to myself. I had to share it with all of you!

Enjoy.

Mommy, In Demand's first ever blog post:

"As a stay at home mother of 2 I've found that the most stimulating conversation I get these days pertains to what I'm making for lunch or which toys to take into the bathtub.

So when I find an opportunity, which isn't often, to use words longer than four or five letters in length, I jump....mostly onto Facebook (no judgements please, we all have our vices).
_Unfortunately for me (and for thousands of other mothers who attempt to keep the peace in their families) Facebook isn't the greatest place to express all your thoughts, feelings, stories, or life lessons.

Therefore, I came here.

A space all my own. Where I can (attempt) to drown out all the screaming, the crying, and the never ending questions for at least one day a week (and don't let me forget the jumping in and out of my chair every 30 seconds because somebody needs me; another topic for another post.)

I hope you'll find my future posts to be entertaining and consider sticking around each week as I lay my life out there in my own words. It's not something I'm used to doing but I figure if my friends can find my stories and the antics of my kids fun to listen to then others may find them interesting to read as well.

Lord knows, with all the things that happen in this house on a daily basis I have plenty of material to write about."

It's been a long time since I've written those words, but I love that every single one of them still pertains to my life today.

So tell me, what did you think? I love hearing from you, so be sure to leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Don't forget to leave me a comment! Love hearing from you!