Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Fun with the Fishtank

Imagine with me, if you will, a quiet Monday morning.

Fresh coffee still warm in a cup. Quiet toddler watching cartoons in the living room. A blissful mother not even a room away having a moment to check her email and make a much needed phone call. 

Mornings like these don't happen often in my home. In fact they are so rare that when they do happen I become instantly suspicious.

Paranoid? Maybe.

But as it turns out, I had every right to be. Because when I went to check on the all too quiet toddler this is what I found:


Yes. This at one point was my beloved fish tank. And now, apparently, it is a water sensory bin for my toddler.

How the heck he was able to accomplish this when I was just in the dining room (and if you've seen the tour of my home, you'll know that the dining room and the living room are practically the same thing). It never fails to amaze me that a child who can be so loud; always running, jumping, and yelling can become so quiet when they are doing something they don't want you to know about.

Here's a closer look...



Yep, that was a Little Tykes drill and hammer you saw. Uh-hunh, your eyes aren't lying. There is a batman car and a helicopter in there. Swimming right next to the lego.

I think what gets me the most (if I were choosing to be impressed and not COMPLETELY irritated) is how much stuff he got into the bowl! The fish tank is only 2.5 gallons; But he got about one of every toy he could find in that sucker!


If I could just find a way to harness the abilities for packing and creativity this child has I'd be rich. 

And as you can see, the fish is just fine. He had a little more excitement in his life than he usually does but has recovered well and probably doesn't remember a thing. Which will save his sanity should my children attempt to torture him in the future.


Please tell me I'm not the only person who has children that like to make the most interesting messes in the world. What are some of your crazy parenting stories?

1 comment:

Hey guys! Don't forget to leave me a comment! Love hearing from you!